- Colon Cancer: You, Your Family and Your Life
- The Gardening of Our Lives
- "And They Laughed" Part I of Insights from the Movie, Precious
- New York Post: Remedy; the Broader Issue-- Money Talks What Will YOU Do?
- Wake Up to the Reality of Breast Cancer
- Another Day, Another Disease, Another Ribbon
- “8 in 2008” We Can Do This!
- World AIDS Day 2007: What about the day AFTER?
- Keep Moving Forward
- The Gift of Delay
- Why Do People Leave?
- Purpose in the Valley and on the Mountaintop
“8 in 2008” We Can Do This!
As we begin the New Year, many of us will make resolutions that we know will be a memory by January 5th. This year, I want us to throw out that foolishness and just commit to "8 for 2008". These are simple things that can change your life forever!
1. I WILL take 15 minutes in the morning just for me. I will take some deep breaths and clear my head without husband/wife, boyfriend/girlfriend, child, parent, or anyone else hanging around.
2. I WILL schedule an appointment with my doctor for a full physical exam and I will be prepared to ask questions.
3. I WILL not let anyone speak negativity into my life. I will stay strong and positive and get rid of anyone that is not supportive of ME!
4. I WILL purpose to do something unexpected and good for someone else at least once month. I will not brag or broadcast my good deeds.
5. I WILL commit to trying my BEST to exercise at least three times a week, with the goal of making this part of my daily life.
6. I WILL commit to trying my BEST to kick my junk food, fried food, sodas, fatty/yummy desserts habit. I will limit myself to two small guilt free splurges a week ONLY if I keep my exercise goals.
7. I WILL spend time each day in prayer and meditation. I will thank God each day for allowing me to still breathe, be in my right mind and for the measure of health that He's given me. I will pray for others and for this world. I will seek Him first as I seek and work for better health and wholeness.
8. No matter what my weight, my physical appearance, my education, my income, my family background, my present state in life; I WILL tell myself each and every day that God loves ME, I love ME and I am wonderfully and phenomenally made! I KNOW that I am a Queen/King and I will walk, talk and be treated like the royalty that I am.
If you will join me in committing to "8 in 2008", email me at email@example.com! You can also visit my website and request a FREE personalized calendar with motivation, health tips and much more.