- Congratulations Dr. Sharon Allison-Ottey
- Keys to a “HEAT” Healthy Summer!
- Spotting & Stopping Prescription Drug Abuse
- A Healthy Congregation and Community: A Call to Our Churches and Leaders
- Health & Wholeness: SEVEN STEPS IN YOUR JOURNEY OF LIFESTYLE CHANGE
- Colon Cancer: You, Your Family and Your Life
- Rev Up, Refocus, Rejuvenate, Revive and Reflect
- What Doctors Want You to Know But May Not Tell You
- What's REALLY going on with Breast Cancer Screening Recommendations
- "And They Laughed" Part I of Insights from the Movie, Precious
- Dr. Sharon's Fruit and Vegetable Week: For Your Health/Wellness (and cuteness)
- Swine Flu and Your Family
- HOTELS: The Great, The Mediocre and The UGLY from Dr. Sharon
- New York Post: Remedy; the Broader Issue-- Money Talks What Will YOU Do?
- Wake Up to the Reality of Breast Cancer
- Top 10 Countdown of What Love is Not
- My Mother in Law is really a “MONSTER in Law”
- How Clean is that Warm and Comfy Hotel Room?
Health & Wholeness: SEVEN STEPS IN YOUR JOURNEY OF LIFESTYLE CHANGE
- I’ll start my diet on Monday, after I eat my Sunday dinner.
- I’ve got to lose weight for my class reunion… I think I’ll do a fast.
- I’ll start walking when the weather is nice.
- If I can just get through the weekend, I will do better.
- I don’t want to see my doctor—I don’t have the copay and I think I’m ok.
- This is my LAST cigarette.
Many of us have heard these statements, excuses and lies. Many of us have told them! Often we start the year with great plans for our health. Or, we may decide to change our lifestyles as we approach a significant event, like a wedding or reunion. These changes, however, are often "eating. Even worse, the tools we employ to achieve our goals can occasionally be dangerous to our health